Geto & de Milly, Inc. is a top public affairs and public relations firm in New York City. We are seeking a creative junior associate for our strategic communications and media relations team— someone who can think conceptually and effectively communicate with clients and members of the press across a wide range of digital, social and traditional media.
The firm’s corporate and nonprofit clients include real estate development firms and property owners, Fortune 500 companies and small businesses, labor unions, cultural and arts organizations, academic and healthcare institutions and other nonprofits, sports franchises, and advocacy groups. Our team strategizes and develops compelling messages to achieve our clients’ goals across all media formats, from print to television/audio to digital.
JUNIOR COMMUNICATIONS ASSOCIATE
Geto & de Milly is consistently ranked one of the top public affairs, strategic communications and public relations firms in New York City. Our clients represent a wide range of industries including real estate, professional sports, K-12 and higher education, health care, hospitality, culture and the arts. We work with organized labor and assist in securing funding for nonprofits working in affordable housing, mental health and social services, LGBT advocacy and criminal justice policy. With strong traditional press, digital and social media expertise, we craft and implement effective community outreach, government relations, media and communications strategies to educate influencers and the public, and communicate clear, compelling messages to achieve client goals. Our dynamic team is proud to be part of the vital discourse that moves New York City forward.
401K, Dental, Life, Medical, Vision
- Assist in developing and executing messaging and media strategies, creating goal-oriented project plans and providing regular updates to the executive team.
- Conduct research to develop a deep understanding of client context, history, needs, and challenges; this includes collecting information from online sources, archival files, databases, and government offices.
- Draft pitch letters, media advisories, press releases, statements, briefing documents, as well as social media and web content.
- Contact press, handle communication and follow-up.
- Cultivate and maintain ongoing relationships with press contacts at a broad and diverse mix of media outlets, including reporters, producers, editors, critics, columnists, etc.
- Monitor relevant activity involving public policy initiatives, legislation and issues of interest to our clients; monitor community forums and deliver comprehensive reports.
- Provide administrative support such as building and maintaining press lists and other databases, and assisting with general office duties.
- Minimum two years post-college experience within the relevant fields of public relations, communications, or related sectors.
- Keen interest in New York media culture across a variety of subject areas; general knowledge of influencers at leading and hyperlocal publications and websites.
- Excellent written and oral communication skills.
- Strong critical and analytical skills.
- Acute attention to detail and a high degree of organization.
- Mastery of Microsoft Office Suite.
- Familiarity with email service providers such as MailChimp and Constant Contact is highly desirable – willingness to learn these platforms is required.
- Familiarity with media contact databases (Meltwater, Cision, etc.) a major plus – willingness to learn is required.
- Ability to keep pace in deadline-driven environment across multiple projects.
- Strong ability to prioritize work based on short and long-term needs.
Work schedule includes regular evening hours. Salary commensurate with experience. Health and dental benefits included. EEO/AA employer. All qualified applicants considered for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, sexual orientation, disability, or veteran status.
Applicants are asked to send a cover letter clearly stating salary requirements and resume to email@example.com. Your resume will not be considered without a strong cover letter.
No phone calls, please.