JUNIOR COMMUNICATIONS ASSOCIATE
Geto & de Milly is consistently ranked one of the top public affairs, strategic communications and public relations firms in New York City. Our clients represent a wide range of industries including real estate, culture and the arts, nonprofits engaged in mental health and social services, , K-12 and higher education, professional sports, and hospitality. We craft and implement effective community outreach, media and communications strategies to educate influencers, stakeholders and the public, and communicate clear, compelling messages to achieve client goals. Our dynamic team is proud to be part of the vital discourse that moves New York forward.
Geto & de Milly seeks a junior associate who is a quality writer and experienced in media relations, with an emphasis on real estate and issues of urban design, architecture and planning.
- Develop and execute messaging and media strategies, and create goal-oriented project plans as a member of a project team.
- Research client context, history, needs, and challenges using online sources, archival files, databases, and government offices.
- Prepare pitch letters, media advisories, press releases, statements, briefing documents.
- Communicate effectively with press and handle follow-up in conjunction with media outreach.
- Cultivate and maintain ongoing relationships with press contacts at a broad and diverse mix of media outlets, including reporters, producers, editors, critics, columnists, etc.
- Monitor relevant activity involving public policy initiatives, legislation and issues of interest to our clients; monitor community forums and deliver comprehensive reports.
- Provide administrative support such as building and maintaining press lists and other databases, and assisting with general office duties.
- Minimum two years post-college public relations experience in the real estate, architecture or planning fields, or related sectors.
- Keen interest in New York media, politics and culture; general knowledge of influencers at leading and hyperlocal publications and websites.
- Excellent written and oral communication skills.
- Strong critical and analytical skills.
- Acute attention to detail and a high degree of organization.
- Mastery of Microsoft Office Suite.
- Familiarity with email service providers such as MailChimp and Constant Contact is highly desirable – willingness to learn these platforms is required.
- Familiarity with media contact databases (Meltwater, Cision, etc.) a major plus – willingness to learn is required.
- Self-starter with the ability to keep pace in deadline-driven environment across multiple projects.
- Strong ability to prioritize work based on short and long-term needs.
Work schedule includes regular evening hours. Salary commensurate with experience. Benefits offered including 401K, life and medical insurance. EEO/AA employer. All qualified applicants considered for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, sexual orientation, disability, or veteran status.
Applicants are asked to send a cover letter clearly stating salary requirements and resume to firstname.lastname@example.org. Resumes without a strong cover letter will not be considered.
No phone calls, please.