Geto & de Milly, Inc. is a respected New York City public affairs and public relations firm specializing in real estate, architecture and land use issues as well as nonprofit and issue advocacy. Our clients include developers, property owners and corporations as well as labor unions and nonprofit social service, cultural and academic clients.
Junior Media Relations Associate (November 2017)
We are seeking a skilled junior associate to join our strategic communications and media relations team.
This team develops and executes effective messaging and media plans to help our clients achieve press, social media and marketing objectives. We are looking for a candidate with experience in both public relations and government (for example, having worked as an assistant press secretary or communications associate for an elected official, government agency or nonprofit organization). The applicant must possess strong written and verbal communications skills and have the proven ability to thrive in a fast-paced, collaborative environment.
The junior media relations associate will provide the following support:
- Researching online, archival, governmental, direct sources, etc., to develop a comprehensive understanding of a client’s context, history, needs and challenges.
- Assisting in developing and implementing messaging and media strategies, creating goal-oriented project plans, and providing regular updates to the executive team.
- Drafting materials including press advisories, releases and statements, social media and web content; handling press follow-up.
- Cultivating and maintaining ongoing relationships with a broad, diverse mix of media outlets, reporters, editors, columnists, editorial writers, etc.
- Monitoring initiatives of public officials, legislation, policies, and issues of interest to our clients; monitoring public forums and other meetings, drafting comprehensive notes and related memos.
Junior associates must be extremely detail-oriented, organized and able to see projects through from inception to completion. This person will provide support concurrently to multiple Account Executives and must be able to multitask and work on tight deadlines. The candidate also will be responsible for administrative functions including building and maintaining press and other online lists and databases, and assisting with general office duties.
Familiarity with Microsoft Office Suite is essential, as is working knowledge of email service providers such as MailChimp and Constant Contact.
The work schedule includes regular evening hours. Minimum two years’ post-college experience required. Salary commensurate with experience, includes health and other benefits. EEO/AA employer. All qualified applicants considered for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, sexual orientation, disability or veteran status.
Please send a cover letter clearly stating salary requirements and resume to email@example.com. Your resume will not be considered without a strong cover letter.
No phone calls please.